New Hampshire Soccer Conference
2018 Summer League Information
It’s that time of year again. As the winter tries to keep its grip on us, spring will soon prevail and then summer soccer is just around the corner. There are two big changes from last year. This season we are adding two new divisions to the league; a Men’s Over 40 division and an Adult Co-Ed division. See details below.
Please review the below information before registering your team this summer. The NHSC summer league 2018 Registration begins Sunday, March 18th.
Important Summer League 2018 information can be found on the NHSC website under the League News link or by going right to the Summer League 2018 Registration link
IMPORTANT DATES (including playoff dates) can be found at the LEAGUE CALENDAR link: League Calendar
MARCH 18th - TO REGISTER- Go to NHSC League website and click on the 2018 Registration link.
Select one of the two boxes, depending on whether you’re registering an existing team or a new team. For new teams, complete all of the information and click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.
- Registration will be complete and teams will be able to access the website once the registration fee has been sent to the league office. IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO SEND PAYMENT TODAY BEFORE THE REGISTRATION DATE SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO GET ACCESS ONLINE.
- Even though existing teams registering will receive your team’s login name and password, you will not be able to access your team’s webpage until you’re registration fee has been received by the league office
New Divsions for 2018:
- Men's Over 40:
- Players must turn 40 during the regular season to be eligible
- Teams may have two (2) players between 35 and 40 on their roster
- Players must be 35 before the season starts to be eligible.
- This will be an open division, accepting players of all ages
- Teams must have three (3) female players to field a full 11 player team.
- Teams with only two (2) females may field only a 10 player team.
- Teams with only one (1) female may feild only a 9 player team.
- Teams must have at least one (1) female or the team will forfeit the game.
REGISTRATION FEES FOR ALL DIVISIONS WILL REMAIN AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON
- For Men’s and Women’s Senior Divisions and Co-Ed Division, Registration fee for the 2018 Summer Season is $175.00 per team…
- For Men’s and Women’s High School Divisions, Registration fee for the 2018 Summer Season is $125.00 per team.
(As always, proof of payment in any discrepancy is your responsibility).
These season the League will offer electronic payment via Venmo. Pay attention for further information on payment via Venmo.
If paying via check, please make checks payable to: NHSC
Send to: Peter Perich
429 Vinton Street
Manchester, NH 03103
Please add your TEAM NAME(S) ON THE MEMO LINE or send an attached note so we can credit the proper team.
*** IMPORTANT ITEMS ***
*** KEEP READING BELOW ***
- By-Law … Regulations, Item #3, Section A.
The following applies to Behavior on the field of the field site.
A. For any team receiving a red card or cards, the Team Rep or appointed Team Rep, in one’s absence, shall notify the League Office and League Assigner, within 24 hours of game completion, indicating the player’s name(s) and number(s) who received red cards. Failure by the Team to notify the League of the sent off player(s) could result in game forfeiture, extended game suspension for sent off player(s) or both. A second failure to notify the League of red card(s) received may result in team suspension.
- By-Law … Regulations, Item #10
The following applies to Playoffs
10. Playoffs: The Executive Committee will determine the number of teams from each division to make the playoffs. All games, except Finals shall be played at the field of the higher seeded team. Games, in which the distance to travel exceeds 75 miles, may be played at a neutral site. Championship games will be played at a neutral site, if available; else fields of the higher seeded teams may be used. All games scheduled to be played on Sunday will only be played Saturday or Sunday. The higher seeded team will pick Saturday or Sunday and time. The game date and time must be in the league office prior to Friday at 6:00AM or both teams will forfeit and be out of post season play. All games scheduled to be played on Wednesday will only be played Wednesday or Thursday. The higher seeded team will pick Wednesday or Thursday and time. The game date and time must be in the league office prior to Tuesday at 6:00AM or both teams will forfeit and be out of post season play.
- GAME FEES WILL REMAIN AT LAST YEAR’S RATES:
- Men’s Division 1, Division 2, Men's Over 30, Men's Over 40, Co-Ed and Women’s Division 1 game fees will be $80.00 per game per team. If there is only one official for these games (heaven forbid), game fee will be $60.00 per team.
- Men’s Division 4, Division 5 and Women’s Division 2, Division 4 game fees will be $70.00 per game per team. If there is only one official for a game, game fee will be $52.50 per team.
- Games played between Sr. Division teams and High School Division teams will pay the higher Sr. Division game fee of $80.
GAME SCHEDULES AND PLAYOFFS:
- Men’s Division 4 and 5 and Women’s Division 2 and 4 (HS Divisions) game schedules will remain at eight (8) to be eligible for the playoffs. Due to NHIAA restrictions around high school coaches from having contact with players the Executive Board has voted to reduce the number of games, making it easier for teams to get in their regular season games without being penalized.
- LEAGUE TO COVER GAME FEES FOR SEMI-FINAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES ONLY
The Executive Board voted to remain with the current policy of the League covering game fees for Semi-Final and Championship games for the 2018 season playoff season.
As was implemented in 2014, any team cancelling a scheduled game, regardless of when the game is canceled, will receive a loss in their schedule. Any reschedule of a canceled game will just be another game in both team’s schedule.
- Men’s D1, D2, D3, Men’s Over 40, Women’s D1 and Co-Ed games will continue to have 45 minutes halves.
- Men’s D4, D5, Women’s D2 and D4 games will have 40 minutes halves for the 2018 season.
GAME TERMINATIONS JUST PRIOR TO GAME TIME OR WHILE GAME IS IN PROGRESS:
- When inclement weather is in the area, team reps and game officials will discuss the situation before the game is to start.
- Reps and officials will agree to either;
o Not start the game, resulting in referees not being paid
o Starting the game with the understanding weather may terminate the game, resulting in officials being paid for the game.
LEAGUE SEMI-FINAS AND FINALS:
- Due to High Schools starting their Fall Pre-Season practices on Monday, Aug. 13th, the League will remain with the format of playing High School Divisional Championship games on Sunday, Aug. 5th and Sr. Divisional Championship games on Sunday, Aug., 12th.
- ALL DIVISIONAL SEMI-FINAL games will be played at the site of the ‘Higher Seeded’ team, unless the League’s Henniker Fields are agreed to be used as a neutral site on August 4th or 5th.
- All High School DIVISIONAL FINAL GAMES will be played on Sunday, Aug., 5th (rain dates will be scheduled during the following week. This includes Men’s D4, Men’s D5
- ALL Sr. DIVISIONAL FINAL GAMES will be played on
Sunday, Aug. 12th. This includes Men’s D1, Men’s D2, Men’s D3, Men’s Over 40, Co-Ed and Women’s D1
- During the postseason, games played during the week requiring a neutral site field will be determined by either 75 miles one way OR MORE THAN A 2 HOUR DRIVE ONE WAY. Time and distance will be determined by zip code to zip code using Google Maps. NHSC will reimburse the home team for neutral site field usage fees (up to $150). Once proof of payment is received by the League Treasurer, reimbursement will be sent..
- During the postseason, if the winning team of a playoff game is unable to play their next scheduled tournament game and is forfeiting the game, the team they beat in the previous round to advance shall be provided the opportunity to reenter the tournament.
- A team that schedules a game with an opponent who fails to complete the registration process or does not compete in the summer will be considered a no contest and there will be no win or loss given, nor will it be counted against them toward the 10 game limit.
*FOR MEN’S AND WOMEN’S DIVISION THREE (Over 30’s) and Men’s Over 40 Division*
- Birth dates will continue to be required and posted on the online roster.
- Player Photo ID’s will be reviewed prior to all post season games. Any differences between the birth date online and the photo ID being shown will terminate the TEAM’S season prior to the match. In other words, the ENTIRE TEAM will be eliminated if any of the information posted on-line is inaccurate IN ANY WAY – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- NOT NEW BUT A REMINDER… Men’s Division Three… Players under 30 will no longer be eligible for Men’s Division Three competitions.
- Men’s Over 40 Division… Players must to 40 during the regular season to be eligible to play over 40, unless player is one of two allowed players between 35 and 40. Players between 35 and 40 must turn 35 before the start of the season.
- The League is looking into liability insurance options.
END OF THE NEW 2018 or IMPORTANT ITEMS… EVERYTHING BELOW IS THE SAME INFORMATION FOR THE PAST YEAR or SEVERAL YEARS….
CONTINUING IN 2018:
-Player IDs will be required for all post-season games in Men’s D1, D2, D3, Men’s Over 40 and Women’s D1.
INSURANCE AND PLAYER CARDS- Our league does not require teams or players to have insurance. Team representatives will be required to sign a waiver form for their team’s participation. The form will be provided by the NHSC and shall be signed prior to your first game. This league does not provide insurance for any team representative, player, usage of fields, fans or any other aspect of participating in the New Hampshire Soccer Conference. Insurance is up to you, your team and your sponsor. The league also does not require player cards.
GAMES and TEAM REP DUTIES-
- You (as team Rep) will create your own schedule by contacting other teams in your division or close to you. Each team needs to play no less than 10 games, for Senior Divisions, or 8 games, for High School Divisions. Who, where and when you play is up to you and your opponents.
- Secure a home field (if you want to play home games). Please check availability for your field prior to scheduling matches.
- Senior Divisions (Men’s D1, D2, D3, Men’s Over 40 and Women’s D1) - play 2 - 45 minute halves.
- High School Divisions (Men’s D4, D5, Women’s D2 and D3) – play 2 – 40 minute halves
- Make sure your team has enough players to participate in each scheduled match. Failure to have enough players or not showing for a scheduled match will be considered a forfeit/no show.
- Play no less than 10 matches, for Senior Divisions, or 8 matches, for High School Divisions, during the regular season with at least half in designated division. Any number below 10 will result in a loss to bring your schedule to your division’s requirement.
- Pay the referee fee in cash only prior to the game.
- Budget enough money to pay one referee for each match you schedule. There will be two referees scheduled for every match (except semi and final games at Henniker Soccer Club Fields). You pay for one referee and the opposing team pays for the other.
BUDGETING PURPOSES - The league will pay for match officials for League Semi-Final and Final games. For all earlier round playoff games, game fees are the responsibility of each team. Make sure you budget enough for early round playoff games.
- There will be no refunds at the end of the season.
- All games/Men’s and Women’s Senior Divisions – referee fee is $80.00 per game per team. On the rare occasion when only one official arrives to your game the cost will be $60.00 per team for a total of $120.00
- All games/Men’s (D4/D5) and Women’s (D2/D4) High School Divisions - referee fee remains $70.00per game per team. On the rare occasion when only one official arrives to your game the cost will be $52.50 per team to the one referee for a total of $105.00.
- Games played between Sr. Division teams and High School Division teams will pay the higher Sr. Division game fee of $80.
- All games/all divisions - referee fee’s will be paid CASH ONLY at the field prior to the start of the match. Checks will not be accepted.
- All forfeits or no shows will end your season until $160.00 (for Men’s and Women’s Senior Divisions), $140.00 (for Men’s D4/D5 and Women’s D2/D4, except Women’s D3) and $70 (for Women’s D3) is paid and received at the league office. Once payment is made your schedule will be reinstated. All scheduled games missed during this period will count as a loss for the forfeit/no-show team and a win for the opponent in the standings.
WEBSITE/EMAILS- The league is solely dependent on email communication and the web. The majority (99.9%) of communications will be done via email so it is important that you get into the habit of checking email and the summer league site at least twice a day.
SPORTSMANSHIP RATINGS- The sportsmanship rating system will continue this season. The ratings will be the one factor in determining eligibility for the post-season. Teams must maintain a 2.75 rating or better before the league takes action.
POST-SEASON- Every team makes the post-season, providing their sportsmanship rating is at or above the league mandate. There is up to a three week post-season, depending on how far your team goes. It is single loss elimination. All post season games, Finals, are played at the higher seeds field (or neutral location if necessary). The Finals will be played at the Henniker fields on Old Concord Road in Henniker.
- Tiebreakers for seeding purposes will be sportsmanship rating first then the normal procedure (see by-laws online).
- All games scheduled to be played on Sunday will only be played Saturday or Sunday. The higher seeded team will pick Saturday or Sunday and time. The game date and time must be in the league office by Friday at 6:00AM or both teams will forfeit and be out of post season play.
- All games scheduled to be played on Wednesday will only be played Wednesday or Thursday. The higher seeded team will pick Wednesday or Thursday and time. The game date and time must be in the league office by Tuesday at 6:00AM or both teams will forfeit and be out of post season play.
- Games during the week that require a neutral site field (distance over 75 miles one way OR MORE THAN A 2 HOUR DRIVE ONE WAY (time and distance will be determined by zip code to zip code using Google Maps) are the home team’s responsibility. If the home team fails to get a field, the away team (lower seeded team) will advance in the post season. The game location WILL NOT have a distance traveled by either team of more than 20 miles discrepancy, when possible. (In other words- no longer will one team travel 20 miles and another travel 55 miles.) The league president MUST approve the game location prior to Monday at 9:00PM. The game must be approved and finalized by Tuesday at 6:00AM or both teams will forfeit and be out of post season play.
ROSTERS- All teams must provide a roster- with jersey numbers- (D3 Men and Women birth dates as well) on their webpage by the dates on the League Calendar
As always, if you know any contacts from other teams you have played against in the past, during indoor, another league or whatever, we would welcome them to join us. Send them my name and email and I will take it from there.
Talk to you soon
Please check the League Calendar